Certificate II in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care
About our partnership with Connect n Grow:
Connect ‘n’ Grow is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) established in 2012 in North Queensland. Connect ‘n’ Grow has developed and delivered the Remote Health Training Model (RHTM) to Indigenous students across three secondary schools in North Queensland with outstanding results.
About the program:
Connect ‘n’ Grow’s Remote Health Training Model (RHTM) is a Vocational Education and Training (VET) model that focuses on the development of the Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander health workforce creating health literacy that is channelled back into their communities.
Connect 'n' Grow coordinates and delivers the nationally recognised HLT20113 Certificate II in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care. Other additional benefits that make this program unique include:
- Access to health training facilities at each delivery site
- Numeracy and Literacy integrated into elective units
- Headspace - Social and Emotional Well-Being Program designed specifically for Connect 'n' Grow
- Regular engagement with peer mentors for students
- Griffith University Hands Up Uni Experience Camp - exclusive for students completing the Connect 'n' Grow program
- University positions available for graduates at partner universities
- Employment pathways available to graduates
- Regular engagement with remote and very remote communities around the program and university options